Problems and Solutions
Problems: When power plants burn coal to make electricity, and
when cars and trucks burn fossil fuels, the air becomes dirty and
acid rain is created.
Solutions: One way to make the air cleaner and prevent acid rain
is to use less electricity. Another way is to drive less. Which
of the following steps could help keep the air clean and prevent
- People could turn off the lights when they leave the room.
- People could leave the TV on when they leave the room.
- People could leave their computers on when they are not using
- People could use less air conditioning.
- People could use buses or trains instead of cars.
- People could drive their cars more.
- People could buy cars that don't make the air as dirty.
- People could keep buying cars that make the air dirty.
<< Back to The Tale of Lucy Lake