The Fine Print
Participation is easy and open to anyone committed to saving water for future generations! The challenge is limited to water-efficient landscape photo submissions from the United States or Canada. You must be at least 18 years of age; if you're younger than 18 please ask a parent or guardian to enter your photo.
You can only submit one photo at a time but are allowed to enter more than one photo. Include the city and state of the water-efficient landscape and a quick description of the photo.
Feel free to submit photos that...
- Showcase a landscape transformed to allow for low water use, drought tolerant plants.
- Are in color.
- Can be older landscape transformations or newly transformed landscapes.
- Are composite photos, where you combine a before and after photo into what looks like a single image.
- Have been published or used elsewhere, just as long as you own the photo and have the rights.
Do not enter photos that...
- You didn't take, or which someone else owns (copyright).
- Showing someone else's copyrighted work (for example, a photo of a painting).
- Serve mainly to advertise a product.
- Show nudity, drugs, violence, or symbols or acts of hatred.
- Are illegal or prohibited.
- Violate Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter community guidelines.
By submitting photos, you give the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense program permission to use them for non-profit governmental purposes, including but not limited to environmental education and awareness. This permission includes, but is not limited to, publication by EPA in printed materials, social media, television broadcasts, websites, our intranet, or in WaterSense program materials on outdoor water use and other venues. You will not be compensated for such use. However, where possible, we will give you credit for the photos.
By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and release Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense program and not to Facebook. By entering your photos, you agree to all of the above. The U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense program may contact you if additional information is needed and to notify winners.
Remember to check your privacy settings are set to public and not private on Twitter and Instagram for your photo to be entered. Otherwise if your photo remains private, it will not upload to the photo challenge.
The deadline for submission is August 27, 2015. Voting will take place from July 16, 2015, through September 10, 2015. Winners will be announced no later than September 30, 2015.