Ambient Monitoring Technology Information Center (AMTIC)
PAMS Data Analysis Results Report, 1996
Data Analysis and Reports
- PAMS Data Analysis Results Report, 1996
This document is the first edition of the PAMS Data Analysis "Results" Report (EPA-454/R-96-006), a summary and compilation of salient examples and illustrations of the uses of data from the Photochemical Assessment Monitoring Stations (PAMS) program. The Report utilizes examples of analyses available at the time of its development and contains no independent or "new" analyses. However, this Report will be updated periodically and will include the results of future analyses performed by the Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards (OAQPS) and others. The Report summarizes the current state of PAMS data analysis as a vehicle for transferring the resultant techniques and insights, and encouraging a dialogue among analysts using the data. This report is intended to capture the best examples of the uses of PAMS data to understand the tropospheric ozone issue and to motivate regulatory and control program activity. Although the design is to show "what can be done" with PAMS data, the hope is that these examples will also serve to catalyze a commitment to making full use of this rich data set, to instruct those interested in analyzing the data and to, some degree, help guide those endeavors. In no case, have all existing examples been used. Instead, those of greatest illustrative power or unique character have been chosen for inclusion.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- Acknowledgments (PDF) (6 KB)
- Detailed Table of Contents (PDF) (8 KB)
- Executive Summary (PDF) (134 KB)
- Introduction (PAMS Background Information) (PDF) (101 KB)
- Chapter 1 - Characterization of ambient air quality data for ozone and its precursors (PDF) (1.3 MB)
- Chapter 2 - PAMS data in support of ozone modeling applications (PDF) (520 KB)
- Chapter 3 - Evaluating emissions factors, models and inventories with PAMS data (PDF) (479 KB)
- Chapter 4 - Observational based methods for determining VOC/NOx effectiveness (PDF) (252 KB)
- Chapter 5 - Quality assurance (PDF) (698 KB)