2012 Conference Registration
2012 AQS Conference – Paperless and Wireless
This year’s training and general sessions will be different in many ways from those held at previous conferences. In our quest to be more responsible stewards of the environment, we looked for ways in which to reduce the footprint of the event. We are doing this in a number of ways:
1. The event will be paperless. Binders with agendas and presentations will not be handed out when you check in for training or at the start of the conference. Instead, the training materials and general session presentations will be posted to this web site prior to the conference so you can download them to your lap top and have them available, or print them at your office and bring them with you.
2. Bring your own lap top for training. To participate in any of the training classes held Monday through Wednesday, you need to bring your own lap top and ensure it has the following capabilities:
To take the AQS Introduction or Discoverer class, you need the following additional services on your lap top:
- You have administrative rights to make changes to the lap top.
- The lap top has a wireless card. A HARD LINE INTERNET CONNECTION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE!
- Your lap top has one of the following operating systems:
Windows XP Professional, SP2 or higher;
Windows 7; or
Mac OS - recent versions OK with Java 1.6x
- Your lap top has one of the following internet browsers: IE 7.x or higher; or Safari
- Your lap top meets the following minimum hardware requirements:
1 CPU at 1.2 GHz or faster;
1 GB RAM or higher;
5 MB or more of free disk space
- Your lap top’s monitor should have a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.
To take the AQSP&A class, you need the following additional services on your lap top:
- Java 1.6x runtime (JRE)
- Adobe Reader
- MS Excel 97 or higher
We are going wireless for this year’s training and general sessions. As stated above, a wired internet connection will not be available, so please make sure that your lap top has a wireless card and can connect to the internet, and to AQS if you are attending AQS training. Be sure to have MS Excel if you are attending the AQSP&A training. And make sure that you can connect to and run Discoverer if you are attending the Discoverer training classes.
Please register online for the 2012 AQS Conference. (There is no registration fee.) If you are unable or unwilling to register online, please print this page, complete it and mail or fax it to Michael Hamlin at the address at the bottom of this page.
Note: * Indicates a required field.