Technology Transfer Network - Air Toxics Web Site
Rule and Implementation Information for Oil and Natural Gas Production
Docket # OAR-2004-0238V and Docket No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2010-0505
(Legacy docket-Docket #A-94-04)
On this page:
Proposed and Promulgated Rules
Subpart HH - National Emission Standards for Oil and Natural Gas Production
|More recent Federal Register Notices are available at www.epa.gov/airquality/oilandgas/actions.html|
|10/28/11||76 FR 66886||extension||Oil and Natural Gas Sector: New Source Performance Standards and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants Reviews; Extension of Comment Period Closing Date|
|08/26/11||76 FR 53371||public hearings||Oil and Natural Gas Sector: New Source Performance Standards and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants Reviews:Proposed rule; Announcement of public hearings|
|08/23/11||76 FR 52738||Proposed||Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) for Oil and Natural Gas Production and for Natural Gas Transmission and Storage|
|07/13/10||75 FR 39934||Notice of Meeting||National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Oil and Natural Gas Sector-Notice of Public Meeting|
|01/03/07||72 FR 26||Final||National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Oil and Natural Gas Production Facilities: Area Sources.|
|07/08/05||70 FR 39441||Supplemental Proposed||National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Oil and Natural Gas Production Facilities: Supplemental proposed rule.|
|06/29/01||66 FR 34548||Correction||National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Oil and Natural Gas Production and Natural Gas Transmission and Storage; Final Rule-Technical Correction|
|06/17/99||64 FR 32609||Final Rule||National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Oil and Natural Gas Production and Natural Gas Transmission and Storage; Final Rule|
|02/06/98||63 FR 6288||Proposal||Original Proposal for the Oil & Natural Gas Production MACT|
NOTES:All files are Government Printing Office (GPO) files unless otherwise indicated.
Closely Related Rules, Policies or Program Guidance
- See https://www.epa.gov/airquality/oilandgas/ for additional information on the Oil and Gas Source Category.
- 40 CFR 60 Kb Standards of Performance for Storage Vessels
- 40 CFR 60 KKK Standards of Performance for Equipment Leaks of VOC from Onshore Natural Gas Processing Plants
- 40 CFR 61 V National Emission Standards for Equipment Leaks (Fugitive Emission Sources)
- 40 CFR 63 H National Emission Standards for Organic Hazardous Air Pollutants for Equipment Leaks
Background Information Document (BID)/Response to comments
|01/03/07||Fact Sheet-Area Sources|
|06/30/05||Fact Sheet-Supplemental Proposed Rule|
|05/18/99||Press Release Fact Sheet-Final Rule|
|02/02/98||Press Release Fact Sheet Proposed Rule|
- Colorado Air Pollution Control Division: Implementation Tools for the Natural Gas Transmission and Storage MACT Standard
|12/22/06||Locating Urban Areas on Census website|
|12/22/06||Names of urban clusters and urbanized areas|
|6/28/05||Memo- Urban & Rural County Classification|
Compliance and Enforcement Information
- Applicability Determination Index (ADI). The ADI is maintained by EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA) and provides a data base of memoranda dealing with applicability issues. The database is searchable by Subpart.
- Applicability Flow Diagram for the Oil and Natural Gas Production NESHAP (40 CFR 63, Subpart HH) (PDF) (2pp, 20k)
- The Environmental Council of the States. The website provides state delegation information for environmental programs.
- Colorado Air Pollution Control Division: Implementation Tools for the Oil and Natural Gas Production MACT Standard
- Emission Inventory Improvement Program Document, Chapter 10: Preferred and Alternative Methods for Estimating Air Emissions from Oil and Gas Field Production and Processing Operations.
NOTE: Most links on this page are pointers to other hosts and locations in the Internet. This information is provided as a service; however the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency does not endorse, approve or otherwise support these sites.