Technology Transfer Network - Air Toxics Web Site
Rule and Implementation Information for Other Solid Waste Incinerators
The purpose of this page is to provide information regarding EPA's air emission regulations for Other Solid Waste Incinerators (OSWI). Information is categorized into three groups as follows: (1) Rule Information, (2) Technical Information, and (3) Implementation Information. Descriptions of (and direct links to) these areas are provided below.
Rule Information -- This area contains Federal Register notices for both proposed and promulgated (final) rules. The Federal Register notices summarize the basis of the rules and include the actual regulatory text. In addition, links to closely related rules, policies, and program guidance are provided here.
Technical Information -- This area contains technical information used in developing the rules. The Docket Index is available to aid in searching for items in the docket. Fact sheets which summarize the requirements of the rules are also available here.
Proposed and Promulgated Rules
- Subpart EEEE of 40 CFR Part 60 - Standards of Performance for Other Solid Waste Incineration Units for Which Construction is Commenced After December 9, 2004, or for Which Modification or Reconstruction is Commenced on or After June 16, 2006.
- Subpart FFFFof 40 CFR Part 60 - Emission Guidelines and Compliance Times for Other Solid Waste Incineration Units That Commenced Construction on or Before December 9, 2004.
NOTE: All files are Government Printing Office (GPO) files unless otherwise indicated by *.
Closely Related Rules, Policies or Program Guidance
- Large MWC Units - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts Eb and Cb - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Large Municipal Waste Combustors
- Small MWC Units - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts AAAA and BBBB - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Small Municipal Waste Combustion Units
- Medical Waste Incinerators - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts Ec and Ce - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Hospital/Medical/Infectious Waste Incinerators
- CISWI Units - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts CCCC and DDDD - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Incinerators
- Hazardous Waste Combustors - 40 CFR Part 63 Subpart EEE - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants from Hazardous Waste Combustors
- Sewage Sludge Incinerators - SI 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts LLLL and MMMM - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Sewage Sludge Incinerators
- More Information on EPA Combustion Web Site
- Docket: All documents in the docket are listed in the EDOCKET index at https://www.epa.gov/edocket. Although listed in the index, some information is not publicly available, i.e., CBI or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Certain other material, such as copyrighted material, is not placed on the Internet and will be publicly available only in hard copy form. Publicly available docket materials are available either electronically in EDOCKET or in hard copy at the EPA Docket Center (EPA/DC), EPA West Building, Room B102, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC. The Public Reading Room is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number for the Public Reading Room is (202) 566-1744, and the telephone number for the EPA Docket Center is (202) 566-1742.
|11/30/05||Final rule to reduce air emissions from other solid waste incineration units - FACT SHEET|
|12/09/04||Proposed rule to reduce air emissions from other solid waste incineration units-FACT SHEET|