You must have Oracle version 8i (8.1.7)® (or higher for client/server install)
and STORET Reports version 2.0.0 or higher
installed before you can install SIM version 2.0.1.
The STORET Import Module (SIM) version 2.0.1 will completely replace
your existing copy of SIM (if present). During the installation in the
stand-alone environment, you will be offered the choice of preserving information
you might already have in the form of SIM "Configurations". Existing configurations will be
erased if you select "no".
Steps you should follow (in this order) to use SIM Version 2.0.1:
- Clear your current version of SIM of imported data - see SIM v2.0.1 Installation Guide
Note: client server users, part of this step is performed by your Oracle Data Base Administrator (DBA)
- Install STORET Reports v2.0.0 if you have not previously done so - see STORET v2.0.0 Installation Guide
- Stand alone users only - Install Personal Oracle v8.1.7 if you have not previously done so - see STORET v2.0.0 Installation Guide
- Install STORET Data Entry Module v2.0.0 if you have not previously done so - see STORET v2.0.0 Installation Guide
- Install SIM v2.0.1 - see SIM v2.0.1 Installation Guide
Note: client server users, part of this step must be performed by your Oracle DBA
Included in this update are
- A "README" file
- The Installation Software, "SIM201.exe"
- The SIM Installation Guide
- The SIM User Guide
- The SIM Technical Documentation Manual
after executing the installation software, you will also have
- SIM Table Descriptions
- Scripts for your DBA to install SIM
(for users with the client-server form of STORET)
- Further installation instructions for the DBA
This download is in the form of a compressed, self-extracting
10.2 MB file, named SIM_2_0_1.EXE. You should place it in a temporary
folder, and double-click it to allow it to expand.
In its extracted form, it will consist of several files.
We advise you to examine the README file, and to print and read the Installation Guide.
This process is fully automated and requires little input from
you as it proceeds.
You should identify the file named "SIM201.exe" and
run it. It will ask you if you want the software only install, the
full installation, or the client/server DBA scripts.
You should select the "full" installation, provided your
installation of the STORET is the stand-alone PC version using
Personal Oracle version 8.1.7®.
If you are running the client/server form of STORET, you must choose the
software only install. The rest of this upgrade must be performed
by your Oracle Data Base Administrator (DBA). He or she can extract the
scripts needed for database modifications required by SIM by executing this
same "setup.exe" file.
Warning Note: The client/server script extraction function will
remove SIM from any computer on which it runs. You should extract
these scripts on a computer NOT LOADED with SIM.
Installation of this software takes only a few minutes. The database changes which accompany it
on the full (stand alone) install (or when performed by a DBA) take thirty to sixty minutes.
To download this file, click the "Download Now" button at your left.
To quit without downloading, click the "CANCEL" button.