You must have Oracle version 8i (8.1.7)® or higher and STORET Reports version 2.0.0
installed before you can install SIM version 2.0.0.
The STORET Interface Module (SIM) version 2.0.0 will completely replace
your existing copy of SIM (if present). During the installation in the
stand-alone environment, you will be offered the choice of preserving information
you might already have in the form of SIM "Profiles". Existing profiles will be
removed from your files if you select "no".
Steps you should follow (in this order) to use SIM Version 2.0.0:
- Clear SIM v 1.2.2 of data and remove it (if present) - see SIM version 2.0.0 Installation Guide
Note: client server users, part of this step is performed by your Oracle Data Base Administrator (DBA)
- Install STORET Reports version 2.0.0 - see STORET version 2.0.0 Installation Guide
- Stand alone users only - Install Personal Oracle v8.1.7 - see STORET version 2.0.0 Installation Guide
- Install STORET Data Entry Module version 2.0.0 - see STORET version 2.0.0 Installation Guide
- Install SIM v 2.0.0 - see SIM version 2.0.0 Installation Guide
Note: client server users, part of this step must be performed by your Oracle DBA
Included in this update are
- A "README" file
- The Installation Software, "SIM200.exe"
- The SIM Installation Guide
after executing the installation software, you will also have
- The SIM User Guide
- SIM Technical Documentation
- SIM Table Descriptions
- Scripts for your DBA to install SIM
(for users with the client-server form of STORET)
- Further installation instructions for the DBA
This download is in the form of a compressed, self-extracting
7.5 MB file, named SIM_2_0_0.EXE. You should place it in a temporary
folder, and double-click it to allow it to expand.
In its extracted form, it will consist of several files.
We advise you to examine the README file, and to print and read the Installation Guide.
This process is fully automated and requires little input from
you as it proceeds.
You should identify the file named "SIM200.exe" and
run it. It will ask you if you want the software only install, the
full installation, or the client/server DBA scripts.
You should select the "full" installation, provided your
installation of the STORET is the stand-alone PC version using
Personal Oracle version 8.1.7®.
If you are running the client/server form of STORET, you must choose the
software only install. The rest of this upgrade must be performed
by your Oracle Data Base Administrator (DBA). He or she can extract the
scripts needed for database modifications required by SIM by executing this
same "setup.exe" file.
Installation of this software takes only a few minutes. The database changes which accompany it
on the full (stand alone) install (or when performed by a DBA) take thirty to sixty minutes.
To download this file, click the "Download Now" button at your left.
To quit without downloading, click the "CANCEL" button.