Region 5 Guidance & Policy Documents
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Determination of Volatiles in Soil - Directive for Change - December 22, 1997
- Ecological Screening Levels August 22, 2003
- Ecological Risk Assessment in the RCRA Program (PDF) (6pp, 454K) January 2000 fact sheet
- Risk Management Strategy for Corrective Action Projects (PDF) (68pp, 220K) May 2005
- Guide to Performance-Based RCRA Corrective Action (PDF) (6pp, 28K) October 2000
- Region 5 Policy and Guidance Regarding Historical Data Usage in the RCRA Facility Investigation
A RCRA facility investigation (RFI) is a process where data is generated and evalauated in order to determine the nature and extent of releases of hazardous constituents at a facility subject to RCRA corrective action. Facilities often propose using sampling data which was collected before the RFI work plan was finalized to meet some (or all) of the RFI objectives. It is Region 5's policy to utilize such "historical data" in meeting RFI objectives to the extent the quality of the data permits its use.
The purpose of the "Region 5 Policy and Guidance Regarding Historical Data Usage in the RCRA Facility Investigation" is to provide a policy on the acceptability and use of historical data relative to corrective action decision making. [For purposes of this memo, historical data is defined as any analytical data obtained and/or analyzed under conditions other than specified in an approved RFI quality assurance project plan (QAPP).
- RCRA Cleanup Reforms July 1999
- Region 5 Skinner List of Constituents for Refineries 1997
- Region 5 Policy for Development of Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs) May 1998
- Use of field methods to support RCRA facility investigation (RFI) streamlining June 1997
- Use of Institutional Controls in the Corrective Action Program