Vermont NPDES Permits
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
The state of Vermont has assumed the NPDES program from the federal government. The state issues its permits through the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Draft Individual Permits
- Final Individual Permits
- Draft General Permits
- Final General Permits
- EPA New England Issued Permits for Federal Facilities
- Revoked (Terminated) Permits
To view attachments common to many permits use the "EPA Permit Forms & Attachments" link.
Draft General Permits
- Draft General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters Associated with Construction Activities - VTG910001 (PDF) (12 pp, 95 K)
Comment Period: August 6, 2012 - September 5, 2012
Final General Permits
Final General Permits Issued by EPA
Final General Permits Issued by the State of Vermont
- Final VT General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters Associated with Construction Activites - VTG910001(PDF) (14 pp, 91 K)
EPA New England Issued Permits for Federal Facilities
- General Permit for Storm Water Discharges from Regulated Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems, MS4s (PDF) (56 pp, 336 K)
Revoked (Terminated) Permits
|City / Town (Watershed)||Facility Name||Permit Number||Date of Issuance|
|Burlington (Lake Champlain)||Burlington (Moran Plant), City of (PDF) (1 pg, 206 K)||VT0120036||10/30/2015|
|Chittenden (Furnace Brook)||Proctor, Town of (PDF) (1 pg, 201 K)||VT0001007||10/01/2015|
|Proctor (Otter Creek)||Green Mountain Power (PDF) (1 pg, 205 K)||VT0001465||10/21/2015|
Please note that stormwater permit information is available at our Stormwater page.