2009 Potable Water Treatment Facility General Permit (PWTF GP) for MA & NH
The Final 2009 NPDES Potable Water Treatment Facility General Permit (PWTF GP) in Massachusetts (MAG640000) and New Hampshire (NHG640000) was signed on September 25, 2009. The Notice of Availability of these Final PWTF GPs was published in the Federal Register on October 2, 2009. Copies of the Final PWTF GPs, attachments e to the Final PWTF GPs, and the Response to Comments, are available from the web links below. The 2009 NPDES Potable Water Treatment Facility General Permit (PWTF GP) expired on October 2, 2014. However, facilities covered under that permit are administratively continued until the 2016 PWTF GP becomes final.
The Final 2009 PWTF GP established permit eligibility conditions, Notice of Intent (NOI) requirements, effluent limitations, standards, prohibitions, and best management practices for facilities that discharge to waters in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (including both Commonwealth and Indian country lands) and the State of New Hampshire. This general permit replaced the Water Treatment Facility GP that expired on November 15, 2005.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
2009 Potable Water Treatment Facility General Permit (PWTF GP) Documents
- Federal Register Notice
- Final Potable Water Treatment Facility General Permit (PDF) (41 pp, 440 K)
- Appendix I: Endangered Species Act Requirements (PDF) (11 pp, 247 K)
- Appendix II: Endangered Species Act: County Species List (PDF) (3 pp, 187 K)
- Appendix III: Historic Properties Requirements (PDF) (3 pp, 109 K)
- Appendix IV: Notice of Intent (NOI) Instructions and Suggested Form (PDF) (5 pp, 84 K)
- Appendix V: Notice of Termination (NOT) Instructions and Suggested Form (PDF) (2 pp, 122 K)
- Appendix VI: Agency Addresses (PDF) (3 pp, 85 K)
- Appendix VII: Dilution Factor Calculations for Massachusetts and New Hampshire (PDF) (2 pp, 102 K)
Helpful Information and Links
- Response to Comments (PDF) (16 pp, 299 K)
- Attachment A: Re-evaluation of Discharge Monitoring Report Aluminum Data (PDF) (6 pp, 115 K)
- Fact Sheet (PDF) (23 pp, 326 K)
- DMR Form (PDF) (1 pg, 23 K)
- USFW Endangers Species web site
- National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places web site
Notices of Intent
Notices of Intent (NOI) were posted on this page for a minimum of 30 days after EPA received them. Please contact Olga Vergara (email@example.com; 617-918-1519 ) if you have any questions regarding NOIs.
Older NOIs are listed in the PWTFGP NOI archive.