Healthy Communities Grant Program
The Healthy Communities Grant Program is EPA New England's main competitive grant program to work directly with communities to reduce environmental risks to protect and improve human health and the quality of life. The Healthy Communities Grant Program will achieve this through identifying and funding projects that:
- Target resources to benefit communities at risk
- Assess, understand, and reduce environmental and human health risks
- Increase collaboration through community-based projects
- Build institutional and community capacity to understand and solve environmental and human health problems
- Achieve measurable environmental and human health benefits
- Advance emergency preparedness and resilience
Current Application Guidance and Project Summaries
The Urban Environmental Program sponsors information sessions to assist applicants with the Healthy Communities grant application process. The information sessions provide an overview of the target programs, submission requirements and examples of previously funded projects. In addition, participants will be offered practical tips on how to prepare a strong grant application. Information sessions are announced in the annual application guidance.
Healthy Communities Grant Program Coordinator
If you have questions, would like additional information about the grant program, or want to be placed on the mailing list to receive the annual application guidance, please contact Sandra Brownell (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-918-1797).