American Environmental Services, Inc
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis A. Pizarro 3LC20
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
- EPA has determined that no further corrective action or controls are necessary at this time for this Facility. EPA's decision was based on a site visit and a review of EPA and West Virginia files regarding the environmental history of the Facility as presented in the Final Environmental Indicator Inspection Report submitted on January 28, 2010. Based on this review, EPA has concluded that there are no current or unaddressed releases of hazardous waste or hazardous constituents from the Facility
- A Statement of Basis (SOB) seeking public comment on EPA's decision was noticed on July 9, 2010. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the Facility on August 13, 2010 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls .
- The Facility is located at 1750 Morgantown Industrial Park in Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virgina. The Facility is bordered to the west by wooded land and the east by the Monongahela River; also, there are scattered residences and development to the north, east, and south of the Facility. The Facility covers approximately 0.75 acres, which is comprised of Building 170 and surrounding areas in the Industrial Park.
- The Facility operates as a transfer facility for RCRA hazardous and non-hazardous wastes. Operations include storage, repacking/consolidating, and transportation of wastes to off-site disposal facilities. The Facility generates small amounts of contaminated personal protective equipment (PPE) during repacking/consolidation activities; no other waste handling activities take place at the Facility. Operations are segregated into functional areas designated as the Central Storage Area (Area A), Lower Storage Area (Area C), Loading Dock Area (Area B), Yard Area, Department of Transportation (DOT) 10-day Trailer Staging Area, Boiler Room, and offices.
- Most of the Facility is covered with asphalt and concrete and operations do not take place outdoors. The Facility is surrounded by a 6-foot high metal cyclone fence, with three strands of barbed wire. Facility access is through two vehicle gates and security personnel are on-site 24 hours per day.
- The Facility, which is currently inactive, is permitted to accept a wide variety of hazardous wastes including, but not limited to, contaminated soil, sludge, wastewaters, filter media, paint related wastes, sand blast materials, lamps, batteries, off-specification products, spent solvents, and oils. The Facility is currently permitted to store a maximum of 50,000 gallons of waste at any given time.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7pp, 52 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater [PDF, 9pp, 50 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 8pp, 44 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
West Viriginia Dept of Enviromental Protection
Division of Waste Management
601 57th Street, SE
Charleston, WV 25304
Phone: (304) 926-0499
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|AES Enviromental LLC|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is in continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Mr. Luis A. Pizarro (215) 814-3444.