US Printing Ink Corporation
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Luis A. Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- US Printing Ink Corporation (US Ink), a part of Sun Chemical Corporation, formerly leased the Facility at 7942 Angus Court in Springfield, Virginia. US Ink manufactured printing inks for newspapers and magazines.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued on November 9, 2006 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed in the Sun Gazette Newspaper on April 23, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the Facility on May 28, 2009 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls
- The Facility was located in an industrial area approximately 200 feet above mean sea level, and is not located with a 100-year flood plain. Surrounding communities are residential and rural vegetated land.
- Hazardous wastes generated during facility operations were stored within the building, on concrete slabs. No releases of contaminants to the environment were identified at the Facility.
- No releases of contaminants to the environment were identified at the Facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 94 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9 pages, 94 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 4 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- Site use is to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Mr. Luis A. Pizarro (215) 814-3444.