Bassett Mirror Company
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- The Bassett Mirror Company (Facility), Philpott Plant houses an administrative office, manufacturing processes, and storage facilities. The facility manufactures and/or assembles furniture, mirrors, and artwork. Approximately 90% of home décor items processed at the facility are imported and undergo packing or warehousing/shipping operations. Manufacturing operations comprise 10% of the facility's output.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued on February 15, 2008 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed in the Franklin News Post on March 13, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the facility on April 21, 2009, stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls.
- Bassett Mirror is located at 1290 Philpott Drive in Henry County, Bassett, Virginia approximately 45 miles south of Roanoke, Virginia. The Facility was built in 1973, and is located on a 19.6 acre site. The Facility is bordered by rural property, with the closest residence being approximately 340 feet from the facility property line. The closest surface water body to the facility is Town Creek, which forms the southern property line.
- The Facility at one time operated three hazardous waste management units, as well as an underground storage tank.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7pages, 92 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9pages, 89 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 4 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The facility's use is to be dteremined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.