Alta Kitson Farm
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- The Alta Kitson Farm (Facility) is a horse farm that was used for a one time unpermitted disposal of hazardous material. Currently no operations at the site involve regulated waste.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued in January 2008 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed in the Franklin News Post on February 20, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the facility on April 7, 2009 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls
- The Alta Kitson Farm is located at 7732 Henry Road, (Rt. 606 and Rt. 605), Henry, VA 24102 (hereinafter referred to as the Facility). The Alta Kitson Farm (the Facility) is a horse farm that was used for a one time unpermitted disposal of hazardous paint wastes from the Blue Ridge Talc facility located across Route 605 (North) of the Facility (a formerly active manufacturer of latex and solvent based paint). The site consists of two parcels, one parcel of approximately 20 acres and another parcel that is approximately 40 acres, and is bordered by mostly rural property and farms.
- The Alta Kitson Farm was used for a one time unpermitted disposal of hazardous paint wastes from the Blue Ridge Talc facility located across Route 605 .
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7pages, 84 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9pages, 89 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 5 pages, 34 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Alta Kitson Farm|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The facility's use is to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.