National Standard –Impoundment Area
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Grant Dufficy
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3455
A public Notice was posted with comment period ending September 26,2016.
This facility is one of EPA Region III’s high priority RCRA corrective action sites. The facility has conducted several environmental investigations at the site, including soil and groundwater sampling. The latest Corrective Measures Evaluation was conducted on 4/16/2013.
EPA and the State have determined that the Human Exposures Indicator have been met. EPA is currently evaluating the information to determine if all of the corrective action requirements have been met. The closure permit for the waste disposal impoundment was approved by Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection on 4/25/2008.
Mount Joy Wire Corporation produces wire for a specific needs or unique applicationRCRA Corrective Action activities at this facility are being conducted under the direction of EPA Region III with assistance from the State. Institutional controls are not required at this time.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [ 17 pp, 1.2 MB , About PDF]
- Corrective Action Draft Permit [ 4 pp, 235 KB , About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [ 7 pp, 281KB , About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [ 14 pp, 2.3MB About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|National Standard –Impoundment Area|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The site is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Grant Dufficy (215) 814-3455.