Delaware Container Company Inc
Formerly: Advanced Environmental Technical Services, L.L.C.
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Paul Gotthold
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- On September 30, 1996, EPA determined that Advanced Environmental Technical Services, L.L.C. has fulfilled all the conditions of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments (HSWA) Permit and there is no further investigation or cleanup required at the site. A RCRA Corrective Action Permit was issued to the facility on December 30, 1988, and by 1996, no further corrective action was required on the site. The human exposures and the release to groundwater are controlled. The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) operational permit for the Advanced Environmental Technical Services, Coatesville facility remained in effect until January 17, 1999. Since operations at the facility were curtailed in 1996, the facility must notify and receive a new operational permit from PADEP if Advanced Environmental Technical Services expects to restart operations.
- The Advanced Environmental Technical Services, L.L.C. (Chemical Waste Management of Pennsylvania, Inc.), located at 1050 West 11th Avenue, Coatesville, Pennsylvania, was a treatment and storage facility for hazardous and residual waste situated on 11 acres. The facility functioned as an intermediate transfer station for consolidating and treating wastes prior to off-site disposal. No disposal activities were conducted at the site. The operations at the facility were curtailed in 1996.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 6 pages, 24 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 25 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Delaware Container Company Inc|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- This site is being reused.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.