GE Lighting Bridgeville Glass
(Formerly: General Electric- Bridgeville)
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Tran Tran
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-2079
- The final remedy included construction of a concrete cap to cap the landfill, a groundwater remediation system, and construction of a sheetpile wall adjacent to Chartiers Creek and institutional controls. These institutional controls require deed and lease notices. The Facility is required to include in any deed and lease provisions prohibiting actions which would compromise the effectiveness of the landfill cap and the sheetpile. A map of these institutional controls can be viewed by clicking here (Google Maps Link). The facility has established Corporate Guarantee as the financial assurance instrument for corrective action.
- GE-Bridgeville is a manufacturer of glass tubing used in the manufacture of light bulbs. The facility was originally built in 1907 and operated by Higbee Glass Company. GE purchased the facility in 1919. Primary contaminants at the facility include arsenic, barium, cadmium, chromium, and lead in soil and groundwater.
- Primary contaminants at the facility include arsenic, barium, cadmium, chromium, and lead in soil and groundwater
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 25 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 25 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|GE Lighting Bridgeville Glass||GE Lighting Bridgeville GeoSpatial PDF Map [PDF, 1341 KB, 1 page, About PDF]|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo or GeoSpatial PDF Map )
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Tran Tran (215) 814-2079.