Mack Trucks Inc. Macungie Operations
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Grant Dufficy
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3455
- On June 25, 2009 EPA determined that both the Human Exposures and Groundwater Environmental Indicators have been met.
- EPA published in a notice, in local newspaper detailing the proposed Agency decision of no further corrective action, and issued a Final Determination of Corrective Action Complete without controls on September 11, 2009. No further corrective action is required at this time at the Mack Trucks, Macungie facility.
- The Mack Trucks, Incorporated, Macungie Division facility is located in Lower Macungie Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. It is situated at 7000 Alburtis Road, Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062. It is bordered by State Route 100 and is located a few miles north of the Borough of Macungie. In general, the surrounding area is rural. Adjacent land includes both commercial and undeveloped properties.
- The property is approximately 283 acres in size. The Mack Trucks, Inc. assembly facility is located on the northern portion of the property. The central portion of the property consists of a grassy field in between an asphalt access road and parking lot. The southernmost portion of the property is partially wooded and undeveloped with an abandoned farmhouse located between the assembly plant and Swabia Creek. All of these features are located within the Mack Trucks property boundary.
- The property contains a one million square foot truck assembly plant that has been active since 1975. Mack Trucks operates two assembly lines that use pre-manufactured truck parts, and four paint booths. In addition to the assembly plant, a sales and administrative office is associated with the facility. Several large storage areas and warehouses located within the plant are used to stockpile parts for truck assembly.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 1287 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 7 pages, 296 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 6 pages, 38 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Mack Trucks Inc. Macungie Operations|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site's future use is yet to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Grant Dufficy (215) 814-3455.