Morgan AM&T -East Stroudsburg
(Formerly :National Electrical Carbon Products Inc.)
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3455
- This facility is one of EPA Region III's high priority RCRA corrective action sites and EPA has determined that both the Human Exposure and Groundwater Environmental Indicators have been met.
- On November 3, 1999, EPA determined that both the Human Exposures and Groundwater Environmental Indicators have been met. EPA is currently evaluating the information to determine if all of the corrective action requirements have been met.
- The National Electrical Carbon Products property is located in East Stroudsburg, Monroe County, Pennsylvania. The site is located on approximately 10 acres of land and contains a 62,000-square foot production building. The site produces industrial-grade carbon, which is used primarily for brushes in electrical motors. Other grades of carbon are produced for use in rail cars, rings, and packaging materials. The industrial carbon is manufactured by combining carbon lampblack, coal tar, pitch, and metal additives. Hazardous wastes generated at the facility include halogenated and nonhalogenated solvents, ignitable and corrosive solids, and spent oils. Hazardous wastes are removed off-site according to PADEP waste management regulations.
- Hazardous wastes generated at the facility include halogenated and nonhalogenated solvents, ignitable and corrosive solids, and spent oils. Hazardous wastes are removed off-site according to PADEP waste management regulations.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 6 pages, 23 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 7 pages, 44 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Grant Dufficy (215) 814-3455.