L3 Communications Electro Fab
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
EPA/state will visit the facility and meet with company representatives on an upcoming date. EPA/state is reviewing existing environmental information to determine if further investigation is required. EPA/State will focus first on the health and groundwater impacts, if any, presented by the facility. Once EPA/state completes this review process, an environmental indicator determination will be prepared and posted to this website.
L-3 Communications (L-3) occupies one acre of land located at 960 River Road, Bristol Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The facility is a manufacturer of high quality circuit boards for the aerospace, aircraft, and electronic data communication industries, and is a leading provider to the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, selected U.S. government intelligence agencies, and aerospace prime contractors. The facility was owned and operated by Aydin Corporation from 1967 to 1999 at which time it was acquired by L-3, the current owner/operator.
The facility is a small quantity generator (SQG) of hazardous waste that operates in a single one-story building which houses storage, manufacturing, and clerical operations. Approximately 90 percent of the property consists of impermeable surfaces (i.e., the building and paved areas). The remaining 10 percent of the property (primarily the northern portion of the property) is grass-covered, the majority of which serves as the facility's storm water detention basin. The facility is situated within a small commercial/industrial area surrounded by residential land uses. The nearest residential area is located approximately 400 feet northeast oftre facility.
Operations performed at the facility include the assembly, cleaning, etching, and plating (copper, nickel, and gold) of custom circuit boards. Wastewater generated in the facility 's laboratory, plating lines, solder strip line, and copper etch area is treated on-site by flocculation and pH adjustment. Treated wastewater is discharged to the Bristol Township wastewater treatment system under permit.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposure[PDF, 4 pages, 227KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination -Groundwater[PDF, 8 pages, 126 KB, About ]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|L3 Communications Electro Fab|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The site is under continued use.
The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.