Avery Dennison Corp. Quakertown
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Maureen Essenthier
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3416
- This facility has conducted several cleanup operations following releases of solvent based adhesives and fuel oil. Cleanup activities have included the removal and disposal of the released material, contaminated soil and gravel; and the operation of a groundwater pump and treat system from 1987 until 1992.
- Follow-up sampling of soil and groundwater in 1999 confirmed that the chemical release areas are no longer contaminated.
- After a thorough site inspection of the facility, and an evaluation of past environmental cleanup activities and current operating procedures, EPA believes that no further corrective action is necessary at the facility at this time.
- EPA issued a Corrective Action Statement of Basis (SB) on March 31, 2000. The SB described the environmental conditions at the site and asked for public comments on EPA's tentative decision to require no further action at the facility. A final decision to require no further action at this time was issued by EPA on May 18, 2000.
- No institutional controls are needed.
- The facility is located at 35 Penn-Am Drive in Richland Township, one mile northwest of the Quakertown Borough boundary, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. The Facility manufactures self-adhesive papers, films, and foils. It has been in operation since July 1970.
- Primary contaminants included acidic/caustic wastes and cyanide-containing wastes from the Facility's plating processes
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 22 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 24 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Avery Dennison Corp|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use .
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Maureen Essenthier (215) 814-3416.