Gulf Oil Corporation
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Maureen Essenthier>
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3416
- No further action is needed at this former facility. EPA determined on September 29, 1994 that both the Human Exposure and Groundwater Environmental Indicators have been met. Institutional controls are not needed
- The facility is now subdivided into three (3) properties. Soil sampling confirms that the soils at the former facility do not require corrective action. Groundwater contamination exists beneath the facility but it did not originate from the former facility. The contamination is part of a wide-spread groundwater contamination plume, primarily TCE and PCE, that exists beneath this area of Lansdale. Superfund is handling the contaminated groundwater as part of the North Penn Area 6 Site study.
- The contamination is part of a wide-spread groundwater contamination plume, primarily TCE and PCE, that exists beneath this area of Lansdale
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 23 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 25 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site is being reused.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Maureen Essenthier (215) 814-3416