GTE Operations Support Inc.
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Paul Gotthold
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- This is a medium priority site under the RCRA Corrective Action program. Region 3, with its State partner, is evaluating this site to ensure all Corrective Action obligations have been met and protection of human health and the environment are attained. On January 13, 2008, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) entered into a Consent Order and Agreement (CO&A) with GTEOSI. The CO&A was entered into in lieu of the post closure permit. The federal hazardous waste regulations, which are incorporated by reference in the PADEP's hazardous waste regulations, allow an enforceable document to be issued in lieu of a post closure permit. The CO&A includes provision to allow GTEOSI to satisfy its post closure requirements through the attainment of a Pennsylvania Act 2 cleanup standard for groundwater,
- The Site is located on Old Route 220 at the intersection of Lycoming Mall Road and Lycoming Mall Drive in Muncy Township, Pennsylvania. The Site contains 10.97 acres and is situated in a mixed commercial, retail, and agricultural area. On November 15, 2006, the Site was sold to Grizzly Industrial Inc. for redevelopment purposes. This resulted in construction of an approximate 190,000 square foot slab-on-grade warehouse with surrounding paved parking areas. A detention basin is located on the east side of the Site and is designed to collect storm-water runoff from the roof of the warehouse and surrounding parking areas.
- Three newly installed monitoring wells and an existing well are currently present on the Site to monitor downgradient groundwater flow. These wells are monitored quarterly for groundwater quality, along with a water supply well to confirm the effectiveness of the redevelopment activities at the site and to demonstrate attainment of cleanup standards under Act 2.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 138 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 6 pages, 345 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|GTE Operations Support|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site use is yet to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410