(Formerly: Osram Sylvania Products, Inc.)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Griff Miller
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3407
- On August 6, 2003 the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) conducted a site visit in order to determine if the Human Exposures and Groundwater Migration Environmental Indicators (EI) were being met. PADEP concluded that there are no adverse human exposures or groundwater impacts due to the facility. After a comprehensive review of all available records regarding the site, EPA has concluded that site conditions are protective of human health and the environment. EIs were met and finalized by EPA on September 3, 2008. EPA issued a Statement of Basis (SB) proposing that no further action is necessary for the facility. The public comment period for the SB was from September 2, 2008 to October 16, 2008; no comments were received. Therefore, a Final Decision of Corrective Action Complete without Controls was signed on November 25, 2008.
- Osram Sylvania Products, Inc. operates an incandescent light bulb manufacturing plant on approximately 15 acres of land in St. Mary's, Elk County, Pennsylvania. The Facility has been active at this location since 1955, when it was known as Sylvania Electric Products. Hazardous wastes generated on-site include lead and small amounts of other heavy metals.
- Hazardous wastes generated on-site include lead and small amounts of other heavy metals.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 130 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9 pages, 175 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Griff Miller (215) 814-3407.