PPG Architectural Finishes
Update: After January 6, 2017, information about this RCRA Corrective Action site
will be available at:
Corrective Action Sites Around the Nation - Region 3
(Search for the Facility by Name, Location, or EPA ID)
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.
On This Page
Luis A. Pizarro 3LC20
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone: (215) 814-3444
DNREC Project Manager
Michael Macheska II
Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Control
Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Branch
89 Kings Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 739-9403
- In September 2006 the United States EPA Region 3 and the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental jointly completed a site inspection and records review. This supplemented a previous RCRA Facility Assessment completed in February of 1991. One area has been identified as an Area of Concern (AOC). PPG Industries has taken immediate action to address the AOC. Such actions have included soil and water sampling of the AOC. DNREC issued its Final Decision regarding the Facility September 30, 2010 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls.
- The facility is located at 1886 Lynnbury Road, Dover, Delaware on 50 acres in a rural community. PPG Industries, Inc. constructed the facility in 1975 to manufacture latex paint. PPG continues to operate a 24-hour facility to produce, package and warehouse latex paint onsite prior to shipment.
- RCRA Corrective Action activities at this facility are being conducted under the direction of Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) with assistance from U.S. EPA Region III.
- No institutional controls are currently in place.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [7 pages, 287 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater[8 pages, 263 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|PPG Architectural Finishes||PPG Geospatial PDF Site Map|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo or Geospatial PDF Map )
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA: Luis A. Pizarro (215) 814-3444.