Transportation and Air Quality
Recent Additions to the Office of Transportation and Air Quality Website
Here is a listing of some of the recent additions and new materials available on EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality website. Contact us if you need to:
- Find an EPA Employee by Name or Topic of Interest
- Read Answers to Frequent Questions
- Submit a Comment or a Question
Added August 2016
- August 16, 2016: EPA and DOT Finalize Greenhouse Gas and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles.
Added July 2016
- July 27, 2016: EPA has released a new report documenting 3 case studies on the use of TEAM (Travel Efficiency Assessment Method) to estimate potential travel activity and emissions reductions that could be achieved if combinations of travel efficiency strategies were to be adopted in Atlanta, Orlando and St. Louis. The case studies provide a useful planning resource for modeling and estimating greenhouse gas and criteria air pollutant emission reductions resulting from travel efficiency strategies.
- July 25, 2016: EPA Finalizes Clean Air Act Finding that Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Certain Classes of Aircraft Endanger Human Health and Welfare.
- July 18, 2016: Draft Technical Assessment Report (TAR) and 60-day Public Comment Period.
Added June 2016
- June 2, 2016: SmartWay webinar: Freight Matters! The Power of Partnerships will take place on Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (ET).
Added May 2016
- May 25, 2016: Public Hearing for Proposed Renewable Fuel Standards for 2017, and the Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2018.
- May 17, 2016: The 2016 SmartWay Multimodal Tool is now available with supporting documents. This assessment tool is for freight carriers that employ multiple freight transport modes to assess their environmental performance by utilizing operational data.
- May 17, 2016: OTAQ “Contacts by Topic” list updated.
- May 6, 2016: SmartWay webinar: 2016 SmartWay Affiliate Roundtable will take place on Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (ET).
- May 5, 2016: SmartWay webinar: 2016 SmartWay Multimodal Tool Demonstration will take place on Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (ET).
Added April 2016
- April 22, 2016: EPA announces the 2016 SmartWay Affiliate Challenge Honorees.
- Apirl 15, 2016: The final Phase 2 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles will not contain clarifying language regarding modification for racing purposes.
- Apirl 4, 2016: SmartWay webinar: 2016 SmartWay Affiliate Challenge Recognition Webinar will take place on Thursday, April 21, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST).
- Apirl 1, 2016: The 2016 SmartWay Air Tool, which utilizes operational data from air freight carriers to assess their environmental performance, is now available with supporting documents.
Added March 2016
- March 22, 2016: SmartWay has published the latest TIPS freight movement indicators, with graphs showing Fuel Cost Savings by SmartWay Truck Carriers, Reduced Oil Consumption by SmartWay Truck Carriers, and Reduction in CO2 Emissions by SmartWay Truck Carriers.
- March 16, 2016: SmartWay webinar: 2016 SmartWay Air Tool Demonstration will take place on Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST).
- March 7, 2016: SmartWay webinar: Sustainable Freight: Creating Better Efficiencies in the Supply Chain will take place on Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST).