State and Local Transportation Resources
Mobility Management Strategies: Land Use Planning
This page provides links to EPA and non-EPA resources that provide additional information on mobility management strategies. Links go directly to specific websites or documents that address land use planning.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Resources
- Other Federal Departments & Agencies
- State, Local, and Regional Programs
- Non-Governmental Organizations
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Resources
- Smart Growth
A comprehensive resource on smart growth, including links to more than 30 related organizations.
Other Federal Departments & Agencies
- Coordinating Land Use and Transportation: What is the Role of Transportation?
A Federal Highway Administration (FHA) program that provides support to local and state governments to implement smart growth policies.
- Planning & Environment
A Federal Transit Administration (FTA)program focused on researching development that takes into consideration sustainability and greenhouse gas emissions reductions.
- Focus on Linking Land Use, Air Quality, and Transportation Planning (PDF) (2pp, 132K)
Includes facts and information on land use characteristics that influence air quality and contacts for additional information in Washington state.
- The Land Use - Air Quality Linkage: How Land Use and Transportation Affect Air Quality (PDF) (32pp, 218K)
A publication of the California Air Resources Board that summarizes data on the relationship between land use, transportation, and air quality.
- American Planning Association
An organization that provides public outreach and research in the area of urban, suburban, regional, and rural planning.
- Sustainable Communities/Attainable Results
Center for Neighborhood Technology is a group that creates tools and methods to promote sustainable development and livable urban communities.
- Smart Growth Online
An information portal on the issues surrounding sprawl and solutions involving smart growth.