Transportation and Air Quality
OTAQ RSS Help
This Web page provides general information about how to subscribe to OTAQ's RSS feeds.
What Is RSS?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It's an easy way for you to keep up with news and information that's important to you, and helps you avoid the conventional methods of browsing or searching for information on websites. Now the content you want can be delivered directly to you without cluttering your inbox with e-mail messages. This content is called a "feed."
RSS is written in the Internet coding language known as XML (eXtensible Markup Language).
What Is an RSS Reader?
An RSS reader is a small software program that collects and displays RSS feeds. It allows you to scan headlines from a number of news sources in a central location.
Where Can I Get an RSS Reader?
Some browsers, such as the current versions of Firefox and Safari have built in RSS readers. If you're using a browser that doesn't currently support RSS, there are a variety of RSS readers available on the web; some are free to download and others are available for purchase.
How Do I Use RSS Feeds?
The first step is to choose an RSS reader. Each reader has a slightly different way of adding a new feed, also called a "channel." Follow the directions for your reader but, in most cases, here's how it works:
- Click on the link or small XML button near the feed you want. For example, click on Receive Recent Additions by RSS . You'll see a page displaying XML code.
- From your web browser's address bar, copy the URL (web address). For example, the URL you would copy for Receive Recent Additions by RSS is: https://www.epa.gov/otaq/rss/whatsnew-multi.xml.
- Paste that URL into the "Add New Channel" section of the reader. The RSS feed will start to display and regularly update the headlines for you.
Subscribe to OTAQ Feeds
- Subscribe to the Recent Additions to the OTAQ site RSS Feed – Stay on top of the recent additions and new materials available on EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality Web site.
- Subscribe to the OTAQ Press Releases RSS Feed – Stay on top of EPA press releases related to the Office of Transportation and Air Quality (OTAQ).
- Subscribe to the OTAQ Federal Register Notices RSS Feed – Stay on top of Federal Register notices originated by the Office of Transportation and Air Quality (OTAQ).