On-road Vehicles and Engines
On this page you will find links to information about highway vehicles including fuel economy, emission standards and regulations, emission recall programs, new vehicle certification and in-use vehicle compliance, inspection and maintenance programs, diesel retrofit programs, evaluating the benefits of inventions designed to reduce emissions, and importing vehicles to the United States.
Vehicles and Engine Compliance Activities Reports
- 2012-2013 Progress: Report Vehicle Engine & Compliance Activities (PDF) (87 pp, 2.2MB, EPA-420-R-15-007, October 2015)
- 2009 - 2011 Compliance Report: Vehicle and Engine Compliance Activities (PDF) (74 pp, 11MB, EPA-420-R-13-006, December 2013)
- 2008 Progress Report: Vehicle and Engine Compliance Activities (PDF) (49 pp, 3.9MB, EPA-420-R-10-022, August 2010, About PDF)
- 2007 Progress Report: Vehicle and Engine Compliance Activities (PDF) (64 pp, 890K, EPA420-R-08-011, October 2008, About PDF)
- Recreational Vehicles: information about off-highway motorcycles, ATVs and utility vehicles
- Vehicle and Engine Emission Modeling Software
- Test Procedures and Laboratory Methods
- Near Roadway Air Pollution and Health: For answers to frequent questions concerning near roadway air pollution and what EPA is doing to address this important health concern, go to the Near Roadway Air Pollution and Health page.