Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Valley Trail RDF Boiler Project
Self Developed (Absence of third party developer)
- Berlin, Wisconsin
- End User(s):
- National By-Products, Inc.
- Valley Trail Recycling & Disposal Facility
- Landfill Size:
- 5.12 million tons waste-in-place (2002)
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 400 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 1,100 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 950 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 11,600 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 1,400 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0014 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: