Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Lafarge Cement Kiln LFG Energy Project
Self Developed (Absence of third party developer)
- Sugar Creek, Missouri
- End User(s):
- Lafarge North America Inc.
- Rumble Landfill I & II
- Landfill Size:
- 3.74 million tons waste-in-place
- Project Type:
- Direct Thermal (cement kiln)
- Project Size:
- 972 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 2,600 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 2,300 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 28,200 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 3,300 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0033 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- CPL Systems Inc., Lafarge North America Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: