Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Evergreen - Sunoco Direct-Use Project
- Northwood, Ohio
- End User(s):
- Sunoco Refinery
- Evergreen Recycling & Disposal Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 12.42 million tons waste-in-place (2004)
- Project Type:
- Direct Thermal
- Project Size:
- 1,528 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 4,100 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 3,600 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 44,300 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 5,200 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0052 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Horizon LFG, Inc., Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: