Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
Is the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule applicable to your FACILITY?
This tool* is designed to help you assess whether your facility is required to report greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions as required by EPA's Mandatory GHG Reporting Rule (40 CFR Part 98). Applicability depends on the source categories located at the facility and, for some source categories, the emission level or production capacity.
This tool is not intended for Suppliers of fossil fuels or industrial GHGs and Engine Manufacturers. However, guidance for Suppliers and Engine Manufacturers is available at the links below. In addition, CALCULATORS are available that can be used by importers and exporters of industrial GHGs and by destroyers of fluorinated GHGs to determine whether the quantities that they import, export, or destroy exceed the 25,000 metric ton CO2e reporting threshold.
- Mobile Sources Information Sheet
- Suppliers of Carbon Dioxide Information Sheet
- Suppliers of Coal-based Liquid Fuels Information Sheet
- Suppliers of Industrial Greenhouse Gases (Including Bulk Importers and Bulk Exporters of Fluorinated GHGs and N2O and Destroyers of Fluorinated GHGs) Information Sheet
- Importers and Exporters of Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases Contained in Pre-charged Equipment or Closed-cell Foams Information Sheet
- Suppliers of Natural Gas and Natural Gas Liquids Information Sheet
- Suppliers of Petroleum Products Information Sheet
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
* Please read our disclaimer.