Water Conservation Plan Guidelines
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
The Water Conservation Plan Guidelines may be viewed and/or downloaded here. A paper copy of the Water Conservation Plan Guidelines (document number EPA-832-D-98-001) may be obtained from the Office of Water Resource Center: 24-hour voice mail (202) 260-7786, fax (202) 260-0386, or electronic mail at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Title Page, Table of Contents, and Executive Summary (PDF) (12 pp, 110K)
- Part 1 Information for States introduces the Guidelines and provides information to the States about their possible use (PDF) (34 pp, 368K)
- Part 2 Overview of the Guidelines provides a summary of the organization, content, and use of the Guidelines (PDF) (8 pp, 111K)
- Part 3 Basic Guidelines designed for use by water systems serving a population of 10,000 or less (PDF) (18 pp, 206K)
- Part 4 Intermediate Guidelines designed for use by water systems serving between 10,000 and 100,000 (PDF) (40 pp, 620K)
- Part 5 Advanced Guidelines designed for use by water systems serving over 100,000 people (PDF) (42 pp, 659K)
- Appendix A: Water Conservation Measures (PDF) (20 pp, 196K)
- Appendix B: Benchmarks Used in Conservation Planning (PDF) (6 pp, 180K)
- Appendix C: Acronyms and Glossary (PDF) (8 pp, 50K)
- Appendix D: Information Resources (PDF) (16 pp, 92K)
- Appendix E: Federal Funding Sources for Water Conservation (PDF) (6 pp, 186K)
- Appendix F: State Contact List (PDF) (10 pp, 179K)