Technology Transfer Network - Air Toxics Web Site
Rule and Implementation Information for Large Municipal Waste Combustors
The purpose of this page is to provide information regarding EPA's air emission regulations for Large MWC Units. A separate web page has been created for Small MWC Units. Information is categorized into three groups as follows: (1) Rule Information, (2) Technical Information, and (3) Implementation Information. Descriptions of (and direct links to) these areas are provided below.
Rule Information -- This area contains Federal Register notices for both proposed and promulgated (final) rules. The Federal Register notices summarize the basis of the rules and include the actual regulatory text. In addition, links to closely related rules, policies, or program guidance are provided here.
Technical Information -- This area contains technical information used in developing the rules. Background documents are identified and some are available for download. In addition, fact sheets which summarize the requirements of the rules are available here.
Implementation Information -- This area contains implementation information including guidance for States and the current status of State Plans. In addition, compliance and enforcement information is provided here.
Proposed and Promulgated Rules
- Subpart Ea of 40 CFR Part 60 - New Source Performance Standards for Municipal Waste Combustors constructed after December 20, 1989 and on or before September 20, 1994
- Subpart Ca of 40 CFR Part 60 - (withdrawn 1995) - Emission Guidelines and Compliance Times for Municipal Waste Combustors constructed on or before December 20, 1989
- Subpart Eb of 40 CFR Part 60 - New Source Performance Standards for Large Municipal Waste Combustors constructed after September 20, 1994
- Subpart Cb of 40 CFR Part 60 - Emission Guidelines and Compliance Times for Large Municipal Waste Combustors constructed on or before September 20, 1994
- Subpart FFF of 40 CFR Part 62 - Federal Plan Requirements for Large Municipal Waste Combustors constructed on or before September 20, 1994
NOTES: All files are Government
Printing Office (GPO) files unless otherwise indicated by *.
Closely Related Rules, Policies or Program Guidance
- Small MWC Units - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts AAAA and BBBB - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Small Municipal Waste Combustion Units
- Medical Waste Incinerators - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts Ec and Ce - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Hospital/Medical/Infectious Waste Incinerators
- CISWI Units - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts CCCC and DDDD - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Incinerators
- OSWI Units - 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts EEEE and FFFF - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Other Solid Waste Incinerators
- Hazardous Waste Combustors - 40 CFR Part 63 Subpart EEE - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants from Hazardous Waste Combustors
- Sewage Sludge Incinerators - SI 40 CFR Part 60 Subparts LLLL and MMMM - New Source Performance Standards and Emission Guidelines for Sewage Sludge Incinerators
- More Information on EPA Combustion Web Site
Background Information Document (BID)/Response to Comments
- All of the materials listed below (as well as other information considered by EPA in developing the MWC regulations) are available in Dockets A-89-08, A-90-45, and A-97-45 for public inspection and copying by visiting EPA's Air and Radiation Docket and Information Center (the Docket). A reasonable fee may be charged for copying. The telephone number for the Docket Office is 202-260-7548. Each Docket has a complete index of all materials contained in the docket. View the Docket Index for Docket A-97-45.
- Reports identified with an EPA number (e.g., EPA-453/R-95-0136) are in the docket, but are also available (for a fee) through the National Technical Information Service (NTIS). NTIS documents are identified by a publication number in the table below (e.g., PB90-154857). To order through NTIS, call 1-800-553-6847 or fax (703) 321-8547 or email email@example.com Visit the NTIS Website to search for additional documents.
- Some of the items below are available for immediate download.
|1996 State Implementation Guidance Document (EPA-456/R-96-003)|
|12/08||Status of State Plans as of 12/08|
Compliance and Enforcement Information
Determination Index (ADI). The ADI is maintained by EPA's
Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA) and provides a
data base of memoranda dealing with applicability issues. The
database is searchable by Subpart.
NOTE: Links identified with this symbol are pointers to other hosts and locations in the Internet. This information is provided as a service; however the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency does not endorse, approve or otherwise support these sites.