Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Pflueger Clean Water Act Settlement
|Pflueger Quick Finder|
|Pflueger Settlement home||Pflueger Settlement photos||Pflueger Settlement facts|
The EPA has reached a settlement of over $7.5 million with James Pflueger over Clean Water Act violations associated with construction activities on Pflueger's property in Hawaii.
This is the largest storm water settlement in the United States for violations at a single site by a single landowner.
Pflueger agreed to pay $2 million in penalties, plus spend approximately $5.3 million in environmental improvement projects, which will include restoring streams in the areas damaged by the construction activity. Pflueger will also spend $200,000 to replace residential cesspools with improved wastewater systems in a nearby coastal community.
- Appendix A: County Dismissal (PDF, 3 pages, 48 k)
- Appendix B: Construction Plans for Pila'a Remediation Plans Package 1
- Appendix C: Construction Plans for Kaloko Reservoir
- Appendix D: Construction Plans for Pila'a Remediation Plans - Eastern Plateau
- Appendix E: Construction Plans for Pila'a 400 Remediation Plans - Package 2
- Appendix F: Operation and Maintenance Plan (PDF, 29 pages, 74 K)
- Appendix G: SEP (PDF, 5 pages, 24 K)
- Appendix H: Milestone's (PDF, 1 pages, 15 K)
Jeremy Johnstone firstname.lastname@example.org