Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Recycling & Solid Waste
2015 California Bioresources Alliance Symposium: Building Healthy Soils
The tenth annual California Bioresources Alliance Symposium will be held November 4-5 in Rancho Cordova, CA. Building on California Governor Jerry Brown's Healthy Soils Initiative, the symposium will explore the application of organic residual products in improving soil quality and moisture retention, setting standards for these products and developing best management practices.
The Recycling and Solid Waste Program of EPA's Pacific Southwest Regional Office (Region 9) promotes waste reduction, recycling, and the safe and effective management of municipal solid waste (also known as garbage).
A report on regional and state recycling rates (PDF) (27 pp, 253K, About PDF) was developed by Columbia University under an EPA grant. National solid waste and recycling rates information is available in EPA's Municipal Solid Waste Characterization Reports.
Programs & Resources
General Solid Waste Information
- EPA Solid Waste Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Basic Facts About Solid Waste
- Educational Resources
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Buy Recycled
- Resource Management Contracts: Assessing Resource Management in Clark County, Nevada
Solid Waste Topics
- Animal Waste Management
- Composting/Organic Materials Management
- Computers and Electronics
- Construction and Demolition Debris
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Scrap Tires