Clean Air Act violators in Region 5
This report lists major sources in Region 5 that EPA or states allege are violating the Clean air Act. The report is updated quarterly and generated from the Integrated Compliance Information System (ICIS) database. Contact Debra Flowers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with comments or questions.
- Alleged unaddressed high priority violations in Region 5 states (PDF) (7pp, 75K About PDF) Sept. 1, 2015
- EPA Region 5 contacts for 40 CFR PART 63 Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) (PDF) (4pp, K About PDF) October 2014
- EPA Region 5 contacts for 40 CFR Part 60 New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) (PDF) (4 pp, K About PDF) October 2014
Air enforcement documents
Administrative Consent Orders, Consent Agreement and Final Orders, Consent Decrees, Notices of Violation and Findings of Violation US EPA Region 5 has issued since October 1, 2006.
- Air enforcement document by category
- Air enforcement documents by company name
- Air enforcement documents by state
- Air enforcement documents by date FY2007-present
- Air enforcement documents by date FY1999-FY2006
Compliance Assistance & Compliance Assurance
Region 5 gives compliance assistance /assurance to appropriately targeted sources or industries. We provide environmental education, tools, and resources to businesses and industries which must comply with the Clean Air Act regulations. Email Rochelle Marceillars (email@example.com) any questions about compliance assurance or assistance.
Air Enforcement Background
EPA initiates an enforcement action when a person, industry, or other entity fails to obey environmental laws, such as the Clean Air Act. These actions may include:
- an informal action, such as a notice of noncompliance or warning letter;
- a formal administrative response, such as a legal order;
- a civil judicial response, such as a lawsuit in the U.S. Court system;
- a criminal judicial response, such as sanctions, fines, and/or imprisonment;
- disallowing receipt of Federal contracts.