Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
On this page:
- Recent Graduates - Honors Attorney Fellowship
- Honors Attorney Fellowships in Other EPA Offices
- Law Clerks & Interns
Attorneys - UPDATED
We are seeking applications from experienced attorneys for our San Francisco Office.
Candidates with three (3) or more years of legal experience in any of our practice areas, as described on the ORC home page, are encouraged to apply. All candidates must possess superior legal research and writing skills, strong verbal communication skills, and excellent analytical skills, must work well as part of a team, and should have experience in negotiation and litigation. Candidates must also be members in good standing of a bar of one of the states, U.S. territories, or the District of Columbia and possess a J.D. degree.
Please submit the following no later than September 11, 2015:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant's interest in the position.
- Resume, including significant accomplishments, work experience, law school class rank, contact telephone numbers, and e-mail address.
- Transcript of law school grades and documentation of graduation from an ABA accredited law school (unofficial is sufficient at this time).
- Name, address and telephone numbers of 3 references, including a current or former employer.
- Documentation of active bar membership and license to practice law in any State, U.S. Territory, Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia (a copy of webpage is sufficient at this time).
- Veterans Preference supporting documents, if applicable (see below).
All applications should be submitted by email to: R9ORCHonors@epa.gov.
Applications should include "2015 Experienced Attorney Application" in the subject line of the message. Documents may be attached in Word or PDF formats. Selected applicants will be invited for interview(s). A writing sample will be required of each selected candidate prior to the interview.
For any questions, please send an email to R9ORCHonors@epa.gov with “Inquiry” in the subject line of the email.
For other information about the EPA Pacific Southwest regional office, please visit About Region 9.
Veterans and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. If you qualify for veterans preference and want the Agency to consider that preference as a positive factor in reviewing your application, you must include in your application appropriate documentation such as DD214(copy 4), your VA letter, or Standard Form-15 (disabled veteran).
These positions are in the excepted service (and not the competitive service) and do not confer competitive status. Salary can range from $83,098 to $116,768. Full benefits are provided. Relocation expenses are not authorized.
EPA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Recent Graduates - Honors Attorney Fellowship - UPDATED
Our 2015 Honors Attorney Fellowship process is complete. Please check back on this website in early 2016 for an update on our 2016 fellowship.
Honors Attorney Fellowships in Other EPA Offices
Other EPA Regional Counsel Offices and EPA Headquarter's Office of General Counsel may or may not have Honors Attorney Fellowship programs for 2014. See the links below for more information:
- EPA New England (Region 1, Boston) Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Mid-Atlantic (Region 3, Philadelphia) Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Upper Midwest (Region 5, Chicago), Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Pacific Northwest (Region 10, Seattle), Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Headquarters (Washington, D.C.) Office of General Counsel
Law Clerks and Interns
Summer Law Clerks
We will not hire law clerks for summer 2015.
During the school year, we often accept law students as volunteer interns receiving credit in connection with a clinical program. EPA Region 9 ORC is not currently accepting applications for Fall 2015 interns.