Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
FY2015 Grant Funding Announcement
Indian Environmental General Assistance Program
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 9, invites Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP) grant proposals from federally recognized tribal governments and eligible intertribal consortia for FY2016 work plan program development activities. The goal of the GAP is to assist tribes in developing the capacity to plan and establish environmental protection programs and to develop and implement solid and hazardous waste programs in accordance with their individual needs.
On this page:
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Number for the GAP is 66.926.
|Funding Announcement posted to Tribal Program Website||October 15, 2014|
|Grant Proposals must be submitted in GAP Online* by||December 10, 2014|
|Guidance Letters with approved funding amounts and workplan comments mailed to applicants beginning on||April 3, 2015|
|Full Applications with Revised Workplans are due on or after
as stated in the Region 9 Guidance Letter
|May 8, 2015**|
|Grant Awards will be made not later than||Sept. 30, 2015|
|Funding is jeopardized if materials are received after assigned due dates.
* Applicants with Performance Partnership Grants are not required to submit their proposals into GAP Online; these applicants should contact their Project Officer for more information.
** Written notice of approved funding amounts and application due dates may be adjusted, pending R9's receipt of a final GAP funding allocation.
REVISED! New Name and New Address: Due to an EPA Region 9 internal reorganization that was completed this year, the Tribal Program Office has become the Tribal Section within the Land Division. Consequently, please note the new mailing address of our Section on the front of the GAP Notification.
REVISED! GAP Project Officer Contact List: We’ve had some staff changes since last year’s GAP Notification, so please note the updated Tribal Section GAP Project Officer Contact List (PDF) (1 pp, 291K) (Attachment B).
NEW! Indirect Cost Rates Required with GAP Proposals: In the past, a complete GAP proposal consisted of four elements: a Work Plan, Budget Breakdown, a Narrative Discussion, and a Government Endorsement. Beginning this year we are adding a fifth element for a complete GAP proposal. Applicants requesting indirect costs under GAP shall submit a copy of their most current Indirect Cost Rate (IDC) agreement to support the proposed budget.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Adobe Reader.
- FY2015 EPA Region 9 GAP Notification - Main Body (PDF) (10 pp, 285K)
- GAP Guidance and Guidebook (PDF) (86 pp, 575K)
- Attachment A - Sample GAP Activities (PDF) (2 pp, 136K)
- Attachment B - GAP Project Officers (PDF) (1 pp, 291K)
- Attachment C - Waste Management (PDF) (2 pp, 87K)
- Attachment D - Work Plan and Quarterly Reports (PDF) (2 pp, 15K)
- Attachment E - Sample Budget Detail (PDF) (2 pp, 186K)
Contents of Full Text Announcement
- Background and Program Description
- Funding Amount Available
Environmental Measures and Results
- Proposal Process
- Narrative Discussion
- Work Plan
- Budget Breakdown
- Government Endorsement
- Indirect Cost Rate
- Proposal Review Process
- Proposal Review Factors
- Funding Priorities
- Funding Decision Notifications/Guidance Letters
- Final Application Process
- Performance Partnership Grants
- Award Administration
- Agency Contacts