Benjamin Moore & Company
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- The Benjamin Moore & Company (Facility) was constructed on cultivated land between 1965 and 1966. The facility operations included paint manufacturing, raw material storage, product mixing and thinning, packaging, warehousing/shipping, and a quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) laboratory.
- Benjamin Moore's manufacturing activities ceased in 2001, at which point the Facility was decommissioned.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued on June 18, 2008 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed in the Progress-Index newspaper on March 17, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the facility on April 23, 2009, stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls.
- The Benjamin Moore & Company Facility was located at 880 West Roslyn Road in Chesterfield County, Colonial Heights, Virginia. The Facility was built between 1965 and 1966 and is located on a 10.5-acre site in a light industrial region. The closest residence is approximately 200 yards from the Facility property line. The closest surface water body to the Facility is an unnamed creek to the east.
- The Facility at one time operated under interim permit status for container and tank storage. Additionally the facility was a small quantity generator of hazardous waste.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 6 pages, 42 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 96 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9pages, 152 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Benjamin Moore & Company|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The facility's use is to be deteremined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.