On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr Michael Jacobi
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3435
Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
DEQ Office of Remediation Programs
629 East Main Street
Richmond VA 23219
- The Final decision for the site was signed by EPA on July 1, 2006. The Final decision required Firestone to continue to monitor groundwater until the appropriate levels are achieved thru natural attenuation. EPA also required Firestone to restrict groundwater use at the facility thru institutional controls.
- On December 16, 2008, Firestone signed a Facility lead Agreement to implement the Corrective Measures as prescribed in the Final decision.
- Firestone has implemented a groundwater monitoring plan for the site and also a Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions and Deed Notice has been attached to the property.
- The AlliedSignal Site (formerly Firestone Fiber) consists of an approximately 37-acre parcel located south of the Hadson Power property and east of the Exeter Site. Firestone operated a polyester plant on the AlliedSignal parcel from 1973 until 1995. In 1995, the property was sold to AlliedSignal, and Firestone leased back a small area called the F-62 process area, which it continued to operate through approximately June 1999. AlliedSignal operated the plant from the time of the property transaction in 1995 to early 2000, when Allied Signal merged with Honeywell. In 2000, all plant operations were discontinued.
- The main constituents of concern are TCE, 1.2 Dicholoroethane in groundwater.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 7 pages, 126 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 26 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 10 pages, 139 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Firestone Fibers||Firestone Fibers GeoSpatial PDF Map [PDF, 1323 KB, 1 page, About PDF]|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo or GeoSpatial PDF Map )
- The facility is unused.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Michael Jacobi (215) 814-3435.