On This Page
The final decision of Complete without Controls became effective February 7, 2012 after a 30-day public comment period. No further action is required to make the Consolidated Container property suitable for any type of land use.
An Environmental Indicator (EI) inspection was conducted at the facility in June 2004 that included a site visit and a review of facility documentation and prior investigations to determine if human exposures to contamination and migration of contaminated groundwater at the facility are under control. As a result of this EI inspection and a follow-up visit to the facility in July 2011, EPA determined that both EIs were met at the facility.
The 3-acre Consolidated Container facility is located at 15 Mineral Street in Oil City, Venango County, Pennsylvania. The facility began operations in 1939 as an aluminum can manufacturer, then switched to manufacturing plastic containers in 1987.
Before 1987, when the facility was manufacturing metal cans, solvents and heavy metals were potential contaminants from the manufacturing process; however, no evidence or documentation of any releases or spills was found during inspections of the facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Final Decision & Response to Comments[PDF, 2 pages, 99 kB, About ]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 3 pages, 80 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 23 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 27 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
Consolidated Container continues to use the facility to manufacture plastic containers.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Griff Miller (215) 814-3407.