Transportation and Air Quality
Recent Additions to the Office of Transportation and Air Quality Website
Here is a listing of some of the recent additions and new materials available on EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality website. Contact us if you need to:
- Find an EPA Employee by Name or Topic of Interest
- Read Answers to Frequent Questions
- Submit a Comment or a Question
Added February 2016
- February 1, 2016: SmartWay webinar: 2016 SmartWay Excellence Award will take place on Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST).
Added January 2016
- January 27, 2016: SmartWay webinar Truck Tool -- Advanced Class: Getting the Most out of Your SmartWay Participation will take place on Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST).
- January 27, 2016: Smartway announces the 2016 Award Criteria.
- January 7, 2016: The 2016 SmartWay Truck Carrier Tool, which utilizes truck carrier data from the 2015 calendar year to assess environmental performance, is now available. The tool has some new features to improve ease of use, and new applicants are encouraged to use the online application process at the SmartWay for Carriers page.
Added December 2015
- December 18, 2015: Smartway webinar: The New, Improved 2016 SmartWay Truck Carrier Tool Demonstration will take place on Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST)
Added November 2015
- November 9, 2015: Smartway webinar: Take the SmartWay Affiliate Challenge! will take place on Thursday, November 17th at 2:30pm Eastern Time.
- November 4, 2015: SmartWay webinar: “2015 Using the ‘Shipper Strategies’ Tab in the SmartWay Shipper Tool” will take place on Thursday, November 12th at 2:00pm Eastern Time.
Added October 2015
- October 19 and 13, 2015: Learn which top-performing SmartWay carrier, shipper & logistics companies were recognized as recipients of the 2015 SmartWay Excellence Award!
- October 3, 2015: The 2015 SmartWay Shipper Tool, which utilizes Shippers’ carrier data from the 2014 calendar year to assess environmental performance, is now available. The Shipper Tool is due on December 3, 2015.
Added September 2015
- September 30, 2015: SmartWay announces the release of its 2015 SmartWay Shipper Tool, which utilizes shippers' carrier data from the 2014 calendar year to allow them to assess their environmental performance. This tool lets shippers calculate their companies' annual CO2, NOx, and PM emissions, track annual changes, and evaluate freight movement choices based on performance.
- September 18, 2015: EPA issued a notice of violation of the Clean Air Act to Volkswagen North America and Volkswagen GmbH.
Added August 2015
- August 31, 2015: SmartWay webinar: 2015 SmartWay Shipper Tool Demonstration Webinar will take place on October 14th at 2:00pm Eastern Time.
- August 18, 2015: SmartWay webinar: 2015 SmartWay New Partner Orientation Webinar #3 will take place on Wednesday, September 9th at 2:00pm Eastern Time.
- August 5, 2015: SmartWay logos are now available for designated tractors and trailers.