Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Pitt County Memorial Hospital LFG Energy Project
- Greenville, North Carolina
- End User(s):
- Pitt County Memorial Hospital
- Pitt County Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 3.06 million tons waste-in-place
- Project Type:
- Project Size:
- 694 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 17,500 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 15,700 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 191,200 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 2,400 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0224 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Enerdyne Power Systems, Inc.
- Last Updated: