Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Ocean Spray Cranberries Direct-Use Project
- Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
- End User(s):
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
- Food products
- Veolia ES Cranberry Creek Landfill, LLC
- Landfill Size:
- 4.25 million tons waste-in-place (2009)
- Project Type:
- Boiler (dual-fuel capability)
- Project Size:
- 800 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Reduced annual fuel costs by 25 percent
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 20,200 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 18,100 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 220,200 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 2,700 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0258 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Unison Solutions Inc., Veolia ES Solid Waste, Inc., Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Last Updated: