Jump to main content or area navigation.

Contact Us

Green Power Partnership

Partner Profile

Massachusetts Audubon Society
Location Lincoln, MA
Organization Type Non-Profit (NGO)
Annual Green Power Usage (kWh) 1,055,334
Percentage Green Power 100%
Purchasing Third-Party Certified Green Power Product? Yes
Organization-wide Partner Yes
Partner's Reporting Period 7/1/2013 - 6/30/2014
Latest Annual Report Received On 7/9/2015
Environmental Web Page exit EPA
Partner Profile
Mass Audubon works to protect the nature of Massachusetts for people and wildlife. Together with more than 100,000 members, the organization cares for nearly 35,000 acres of conservation land, provides educational programs for 225,000 children and adults annually, and advocates for sound environmental policies at local, state, and federal levels. Their statewide network of wildlife sanctuaries, in 90 Massachusetts communities, welcomes visitors of all ages and serves as the base for their work.

Central to the organization’s mission is reducing the threat of — and responding to — climate change. To lead by example, they are actively reducing energy usage and demonstrating the use of renewable energy technologies by purchasing green power to cover a portion of their energy use and they have implemented an onsite system to cover the rest. As a result of their efforts – implementing energy and water efficiency measures, and purchasing and producing their own green electricity – they have cut carbon emissions by more than 40 percent since 2003. Mass Audubon is working towards reducing their carbon footprint an additional 10 percent (for a total of 50 percent) by 2014 and sharing lessons learned. They also hope to engage and educate the Mass Audubon community to reduce its carbon footprint by 25 percent by 2020.

Update My Information

Top of Page

Jump to main content.