Green Power Partnership
Washington DC, Metro Area
- EPA's Clean Energy Collaborative Procurement Initiative Fact Sheet (PDF) (1 pg, 149K, About PDF)
- Project Site Survey Spreadsheet (XLS) (34K)
- Clean Energy Collaborative Procurement for Private Universities & Colleges (PDF) (24 pp, 1.2M)
- Clean Energy Collaborative Procurement for Federal Military Facilities (PDF) (21 pp, 1M)
- Clean Energy Collaborative Procurement for Federal and Local Agencies (PDF) (24 pp, 1.2M)
- Webinar on Improving Solar PV Results through Collaborative Procurement, August 4, 2010
In late 2010, the U.S. EPA launched a clean energy collaborative procurement within the Washington D.C. Metro area to develop a significant number of clean energy projects within the region. The Initiative's target area is defined as the District of Columbia and the adjacent counties, cities and suburbs within the states of Maryland and Virginia. Washington D.C. is viewed as optimal location for a collaborative clean energy procurement given the high density of Federal, state and local governments and educational institutions as well as the existing market opportunity.
What is happening now?
More than 170 sites at 20 organizations were evaluated, and 36 sites at four organizations were found to be viable for installing solar projects. The Collaborative organizations are now moving into the procurement and construction phases.